It’s not really Taho Sandwich, but its Kaya Toast Sandwich that originated in Southeast Asia.
You might need this
Kaya toast is a traditional Southeast Asian breakfast dish that has gained popularity all over the world. It is a simple yet delicious snack made by spreading a sweet, creamy, and fragrant coconut egg jam on toasted bread. The combination of the soft and fluffy bread with the sweet and savory kaya filling makes for a perfect snack any time of day.
Here is how you can make your own kaya toast sandwich:
- 2 slices of white bread
- 4 tablespoons of kaya (coconut egg jam)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 2 slices of cheese (optional)
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster or on a hot griddle until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Spread a generous amount of softened butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread a generous amount of kaya on the other side of each slice of bread.
- If desired, place a slice of cheese on top of one of the slices of bread.
- Put the two slices of bread together, butter side facing out, to make a sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Enjoy your kaya toast sandwich with a cup of hot coffee or tea for a perfect breakfast or snack. The rich and creamy kaya, combined with the soft and fluffy bread and the melted cheese, makes for a satisfying and comforting treat.
Try making this delicious sandwich at home and you’ll see why it has become a staple in Southeast Asian cuisine.