Top 5 famous foods in Parañaque
We have a previous article about a restaurant in Makati, now we will cover my city. Parañaque is a city located in the Philippines that is well-known for its diverse cuisine. With its coastal location, seafood is a staple ingredient in many of the city’s dishes. However, there are also many traditional Filipino dishes that are enjoyed by locals and tourists alike. In this article, we will highlight five dishes that you must try when visiting Parañaque.
- Adobo – Adobo is a staple dish in the Philippines and can be made with chicken, pork, or beef. The dish is cooked in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and spices, and is known for its savory and slightly tangy flavor. Adobo is typically served with rice and is a popular choice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Seafood – With its close proximity to the coast, Parañaque is known for its fresh and delicious seafood. Some popular dishes include grilled or fried fish, crab, and shrimp. These dishes are often served with a side of rice and a dipping sauce, making them a perfect meal for seafood lovers.
- Sinigang – Sinigang is a sour soup that is made with tamarind and is typically served with seafood, pork, or beef. The soup is flavored with ginger, garlic, and onions, giving it a unique and delicious taste. Sinigang is a popular dish in the Philippines, especially during the rainy season, as it is believed to help warm the body.
- Lechon – Lechon is a roasted pig that is often served during special occasions, such as festivals and celebrations. The pig is slow-roasted over an open flame, giving it a crispy skin and juicy, tender meat. Lechon is a popular dish in the Philippines and is often served with a side of rice and dipping sauce.
- Kakanin – Kakanin is a sweet dessert made from glutinous rice, and is often flavored with coconut milk, chocolate, or ube (purple yam). Kakanin is a popular dessert in the Philippines and is often served as a snack or after a meal. With its sweet and chewy texture, kakanin is a delicious treat that is enjoyed by people of all ages.
These five dishes are just a taste of the delicious cuisine that can be found in Parañaque. Whether you are a seafood lover or a sweet tooth, there is something for everyone in this city. So, if you are planning a visit to Parañaque, be sure to try some of these dishes and experience the city’s rich culinary heritage for yourself.